There are three (3) types of Membership, namely:-
Full Membership: Any person who owns a Small Tourism Accommodation property such as a Host Home, Bed and Breakfast, Guesthouse and Self-Catering establishment with the following criteria:-
- has no more than twenty (20) rooms,
- a resident or citizen of Trinidad and Tobago,
- approved by the Executive Committee, following quality and local Tourism standards and guidelines and /or
- is an approved Tourism Development Company (T.D.C.)/Trinidad and Tobago Tourism Industry Certification (T.T.T.I.C.) Facility.
- Download Full Membership Form
- Affiliate Membership: Any person who wishes to join in the fellowship of the Organisation in the spirit of its Motto and to share in its activities. This category may include other service providers in the Tourism Industry such as Tour Guides, Taxi-drivers, Car Rental Establishments, Restaurants, and Entertainment Establishments. There is an Annual and Semi-Annual Fee payable when membership is approved.
- Download Affiliate Membership Form
- Corporate Membership: Any person or Corporation wishing to support the aims and objectives of the Organisation, subject to any exception agreed upon by the Executive Committee. Corporate membership shall be primarily for the financial support of the work of the Organisation. There shall be no membership Fee attached to this type of Membership.
- Download Corporate Membership Form
The Benefits of being a member of S.T.A.O.T.T.:-
- Increased sales through networking as recognised body with other industry stakeholders.
- Established Skills Bank Data Directory(Electricians/Plumbers/Taxi-drivers, etc.)
- Created links and special concessions with suppliers for bulk-buying for linens/bottled water/toiletries/detergents and cleaning supplies/breakfast items, etc.
- Network with other Industry Associations such as the Tour Guide Association and the Piarco Taxi Drivers Association
- Marketing and Promotional opportunities at various Trade Shows and special events by tourism industry stakeholders such as Tourism Development Company
- Training: Breakfast Preparation; Front Office Operations; House-keeping; Energy Conservation; Curb Appeal; Excellent Customer Service; First Aid; Basic Conversational Spanish; Fire Prevention & Safety Guidelines; Marketing & Promotion; Small Business Management and much more…